Sunday, September 21, 2008

- Learning Hokkien the right ways -

Yo!!!! Sigh~ Do people get old when they sigh? Do they have problems when they sigh? Or are they tired when they sigh?

For me, I sigh for million reasons. Kinda boring weekend which is not productive at all. Flipping through Matthew Reilley's The 6 Sacred Stone whole afternoon. The weird weather turns from bright sunshine in the noon and sudden down pour in the afternoon. Weird, didn't even felt that the sky was covering with dark clouds just now. Anyway, another weekend gone by and new week coming up. End of the month is coming soon as well.

I found this somewhere. Kinda amusing. This is the first step for those who want to learn hokkien. Enjoy....


Cheers~!!!

13 comments:

Legolas said...

It's raining whole day in Beijing.

ian-ization said...

The raining here different lor... after raining, its still hot.. can feel the heat now. Prob long time did not rain already..

nase said...

yeah downpour everywhere these days. Me local KL boy, just that I had worked In Miri and Sibu for almost 4 years. anyway, thanks for asking, mate. Oh yeah, my mom says not to sigh so much, as the Chinese saying goes, 'trees move, leaves fall while people sighs, prosperity goes.' And don't even bother asking me to translate it into Hokkien, hehe.

ian-ization said...

Haha... Nase, i totally understand what you are trying to say. wow.. i was in Miri myself for 5 years too. =) Where you working now?

nase said...

Oh, you were at the Curtin Univ, Miri? It's a nice campus and spacious too, I must say. Well, am working in KL now.

ian-ization said...

Yeah.. graduated last year.. now working in kuching. =) nice nice.. next time go kl look for u.. lol

Danny said...

next time i go "IKIA" i'll ask them for chim tao kia and po le kia ! ( cushion & glass/mirror )

savante said...

OMG! Hilarious. Can I so put that in my blog?

ian-ization said...

Danny: LOL~~~

Savante: Yeah you can.. hehe...

Chris said...

I want to learn Hokkien also.

ian-ization said...

Haha.. Chris, you have to learn the basic first... haha.. refer to my page course most of them are correct de...

Pike-chan said...

Hahahaha... i know know pai kia and zha boh kia....

so i take it 'kia' is guy lor..

ian-ization said...

Pikey ah, kia in hokkien means kid.. as in children le.. hehe..