Sunday, April 09, 2006

6 days, 7 nights...

Done~!!!! All done except have to study for my midterm tomorrow and still got one more assignment and 2 more midterm (include tomorrow's). Anyway, time past very very fast. juz got home at about 1 pm juz now and rush to campus to finish off the synthesis and design assignment. Will complete it tonight with the compilation. Right now i juz wanna share a lilttle of my past memory.
I took this pix in one of the Lutong beach weeks ago, having a late evening jogging to stay healthy with Alex, Pau, Big Red and his bro. Well, can't denied that i have lots of flash back when i listen to the gushing sound of waves and the cool breeze. (Flash back) When i was back in primary sch, it was the time when my grandpa is still alive. Frankly, he's one of my role model that time. i was admiring his ability to live life to the fullest no matter what troubles he will be facing ahead. Having jog (slow walk at that time) that time remind me of every saturday in my 10ths, my grandpa will wake up as early as 545 in the morning and walk to my house. Using his favorite unbrella (which he carries it everywhere) to know on the wood of the house, my dad will abruptly woke up and eventually wake us up. The verdict is, to go for a morning stroll with two of my other siblings. Laz saturday morning, which i always the last one to wake up. After ready setting up for jogging gear, we went to our neighbour house couple of blocks from our house. we wake them up too to get the freshes air. they were our good friends at the moment. Basically we walk from our house to the town, which is not far. most probably couple of kilometers. While walking, my grandpa told us about lots of things in life. those precious advices are memories that i can't erase for my whole life. after an hour or so of walking, we went to our fav hang out place in the market. sometimes we ate kolok mee for out breakfast, yu cha kueh or the one that my grandpa always buy for us, the peanut kueh, which is the apam balik which u can find it in pasar malam every friday and saturday night in miri. anyway, that's kinda makes me thought about how i really did spend my time fully with my grandpa that time. it's not about how to make the best apam balik or making the best prawn kueh, it's about life. Life which shape what we are now and how to put this piece of memory together so that we learned something from it. what i learned from him is to respect ur parents no matter what. i remember i was a very spoil kid (i admit it la~~) last time when i was in primary. i was the one who talk less and get more attention from teacher. there's this time, my good friend of mine bringing me to this game shop, it's so called "Street Fighther" which is a very hot game last time. Desperately i run out of my pocket money after sometimes of saving. because of that i started to steal money from my dad, one ringgit each everyday (it's worth more that what it is now the RM1 compare to today's ringgit). after that i got influence with the gaming habit. i assume those who read this would know wad will happened next. punishment of cause. my dad caught the culprit, which is me, obviously. not only my dad won't let me in the house (serious punishment last time) but my grandpa defend me also by letting me staying in his house. that was until then when i was regret of doing it and after that things turned normal again and i'm back on track studying.
U see, Lent season is not about giving up about something u ought to give up and u wanted to giv up for the sake of penance, but it's a time when we think about the wrong doing and the things that had happened and not to repeat it again. Holy week is juz around the corner, and this is the sadest time for me more than 10 years ago when my grandpa past away with heart failure on the day Christ die for us. Like what most people would said, Things happened for a reason, i was sobbing hard that day because i was unable to attend grandpa's funeral. The only thing i did was going back home to Kuching about a year later and saw him laid in the tomb and rest in peace in the Kingdom of God.
For now, it's good juz to move on with my life no matter what. What i wanted to say is that i had taken my friend's advice. What happened yesterday and today, we can only compress it as one of my memory. whether it's hard to accept it or it's juz another sweet happy memory. Life moves on with tons of plan ahead of us which we can make use of it instead of living in the past. Past happenning would juz be wad we call history. For some, it's sufferings. For me, Life juz come to an end and start again the next day. God bless~!!!!

3 comments:

Orcagal said...

Hey Valerian, I'm glad u have shared ur memories out here. The past is past, don't live in the past. I'm so glad that you have moved on with your life. Continue to rely on God because it's the right thing to do & we have nothing to lose right? Take care now. God bless.

lookenneth said...

Memories... Street Fighters... Bicycle Rides... The neighbour calling everyone "vivian"... Yeah I remember... ;-)

ian-ization said...

hey, that's a real memorable memory.. can't deny... thanks guys~!